WordPress Website Tutorial
WordPress DIY Website Course
A step-by-step course to help you build a WordPress website
I’m so excited to share with you my WordPress DIY course. I will show you how to build your own WordPress website in simple, step-by-step instructions.
The steps we’ll cover in this 8-day course are:
- Choose the right domain name. I’ll show you how to use GoDaddy* to find a domain name that is a good fit for your website.
- Sign up for a hosting account. I’ll help you sign up for hosting with Green Geeks*.
- Pick a theme for your WordPress site. I’ll give you expert tips on how to choose the best theme for your site using ThemeForest*.
- Create a child theme. I’ll explain to you the importance of creating a child theme and show you how to do it.
- Add plugins. I’ll discuss some of the basic plugins you should have on your WordPress site and how to install and configure them.
- Search engine optimization. I’ll talk a little about SEO and how to do a basic optimization of your site.
- Content. I’ll talk a little about creating content and purchasing stock imagery from iStockPhoto*.
- Maintenance and security. I’ll talk a little about keeping your site updated and how you might benefit from a monthly support plan.
*I’m able to offer this course for a low cost by providing affiliate links that I hope you’ll use to build your website. I only provide links to trusted products I use every day when building client websites.